Your First Burn
When you burn your soy candle for the first time, it is important to burn it long enough so it will be fully melted across the top of the whole candle. A full melt pool on the first burn will ensure an even burn every time you burn your candle. A correct burn releases the maximum fragrance. To trim the wick, gently rub or clip off excess ash with fingertips and discard.
After your candle has been completely used, the glass jar can be cleaned for storage or other household uses.
Pure Soy Candles & Frosting
High temperatures can change the chemical state of the soy wax as it cools and lead to "frosting" or white spots. It is a natural by product of a natural wax and in no way affects the burn ability or fragrance of a candle. If slight frosting occurs in your candle, just consider this a mark of purity and quality!
Candles are completely safe to enjoy but should be used with care and attention so that they do not lead to an accidental fire or injury. We urge consumers to be careful when burning candles and recommend the following rules below for burning candles safely. Each candle includes lighting and care instructions on the inside of the lid.
- Trim off excess ash each time before burning.
- For the initial lighting allow the candle to create a full and even burn pool across the entire candle.
- For subsequent lightings our recommended burn time is one hour per inch in diameter, but no longer than 4 hours max.
- Do not leave a burning candle unattended.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Keep candles out of the reach of small children and away from pets.
- Always burn candles on a heat-resistant surface.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents and ceiling fans to maintain best burn time, minimize smoking, or a wick blowing out causing the candle to burn unevenly.
- Never touch a burning candle or move a candle when the wax is liquid.
- We suggest using our metal caps to extinguish the candle.
- Make sure a candle is completely extinguished and the wick ember is no longer glowing before leaving the room.